Sunday, August 12, 2012

Challenge - Week 1 Results

All week long I've been fighting the urge to jump on the scale and see if I'd lost any weight after each and every workout, but come last night I dreaded it. I wanted to lock the scale in my closet or toss it out the window. The fear and doubt finally kicking in and making me worry that I hadn't lost a single ounce. In fact, I had almost convinced myself that it was completely possible that I might have gained weight!

Crazy, I know.

I think for my first week I did rather well in regards to exercising. I went to the gym four days in a row. While I did manage to stay away from fast food, I could have practiced a healthier diet this last week. I'm guessing food is going to be my biggest struggle. Going to the gym expends a lot of energy and boosts your metabolism a bit, and this results in (for me at least) being hungrier!

I'm guessing this means I will need to hit the grocery store and focus on snacks that won't weight me down with added calories, but most of all, guilt. I actually felt guilty for eating a baked potato this week!

I did some searching online and found a lot of recipes that have been altered to make them healthier, so I'm going to give those a try this coming week. I'll try and add more vegetables and fruit, and most definitely some appropriate proteins to help curb my appetite the right way. I hear nuts are good, although I really wish french fries were a health food! I missed french fries this week. I don't know how many times I had to talk myself out of driving down to McDonald's to get some. I tried to tell myself that if I ordered a small it's not that bad, but who can just order a small fry and be satisfied? Not this girl, no way! I'm a fry freak, and if sweet potato fries are involved you better get outta my way!

Anyway, getting to my good news, I DID lose weight this week. I stepped on the scale first thing this morning and discovered that I lost....

Drum roll....

Exactly 2 pounds!

It's not much, but it's a start. I hope next week my results will be just as good if not better.

1 comment:

  1. you go girl! The beginning of the weight loss journey is always the hardest. But you seem to have the right mind set, so woot! I lost about 45 lbs last year and am so happy I did. I learned a lot of healthy ways that are sticking with me and are helping me maintain:)

    So, keep at it and if you do slip, don't shoot yourself over it. Just keep moving forward:) I've learned to take each meal one at a time, so that makes everything small so you're not overwhelmed by the "big" picture.

    ReplyDelete