Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hooray for Boobies!

 

My mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. This news came as a total shock because it doesn't run 
in the family history at all. She will be finishing her chemo soon and is doing well. She has been so strong through this whole thing, stronger than even I think I am sometimes. I am so inspired to have her in my life.
 She is a phenomenal woman.

To show my support and to raise awareness, I have joined the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event.
On October 1st at 7am I will be making my strides with my fellow teammates. It is more than just a walk, the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event describes the progress we're making together to save lives by helping people get well, stay well, find cure and fight back.

Anyone interested in joining in the event in your area, check out this link and find an event near you. 
If you'd like to follow my progress, join my team or make a donation, 
you can visit my team page.

After the event I will post a couple photos. I am really excited.
I hope I can make my Mom proud and show her how much I care.

Love ya Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment