Monday, December 20, 2010

My Review and other news

I finished reading Amanda Hocking's Hollowland book last night. I have to admit it turned out better then I thought it would. After the first couple chapters I wasn't inspired to continue the journey through the zombie apocalypse with survivor Remy and her group of companions, but I'm a sucker for "end-of-the-world" stories. Although character personalities developed slowly, they did develop and some grew to be quite like-able. The ending was not typical and not a "campy" happy ending either, which I enjoyed. I would recommend this book as a quick read to anyone who enjoys some good zombie bashing, although I would have enjoyed some more action myself. I found the editing work in this book to be of much higher caliber then in the Trylle Trilogy, which thrilled me to no end. All in all, I give this book 3 stars.

Please recommend the next book for me to read, as long as it from an indie author.

On another note, my first book is on schedule for its Spring 2011 release. I am currently looking for any recommendations for a cover artist, or any tips on creating my own cover. I am very artistic and believe I would very much enjoy creating my first cover.


To all indie authors out there, join my blog and I'll join yours. Let us unite and spread the word of our books through the eWorld.

I am signing off now, God speed and good day to you all.

4 comments:

  1. I love Amanda's Trylle Trilogy! I read the first 2 during Christmas break and had such a hard time trying to get invested in another book and characters. I just couldn't stop thinking about what would happen to Loki and Wendy and Finn!

    The Skeptic by Aaron Niz (His blog was how I found your blog) looks good! I will be putting that one on my to be read list. Another author to look into is Kait Nolan. I read some of her current work in progress that she has posted and she is very talented!

    Also, I added you to my blog list :) Uniting with others is a great idea, not only to spread the word, but to help each other in our journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for joining! I liked the Trylle trilogy too. I have never read a book about trolls and it was nice to read something that brought a little variety to my typical reads.

    I will follow your blog as well. Anything I can do to help you, just let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Melissa do you have a blog. Send me the link and I'll follow ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan,
    I do have a blog. http://melissashepard.blogspot.com/

    Thank you for your support!It is nice to find another indie author closer to the same phase as I am in (in the writing process and not having any titles for sell yet).

    ReplyDelete